At Toynton-All-Saints Primary School, we strive to enable all children to strive for excellence and to prepare each individual child to be ready to take on the challenges and opportunities that the world has to offer. Our targeted and strategic use of Pupil Premium Grant Funding will support us in achieving this vision.
To ensure that teaching and learning opportunities consistently meet the needs of ALL of the pupils
- To ensure that appropriate provision is made for pupils who belong to vulnerable groups, this includes ensuring that the needs of socially disadvantaged pupils are adequately assessed and met
- To recognise that not all pupils who are socially disadvantaged are registered, or qualify for Free School Meals. We reserve the right to allocate the Pupil Premium Grant Funding to support any pupil, or groups of pupils, that the school has legitimately identified as being vulnerable.
- To ensure that Pupil Premium Grant Funding will be allocated following a needs analysis, that will identify priority cohorts, groups or individuals.
Our Provision: The range of provision that the school is making for this group includes:
- Much reduced class sizes, thus improving opportunities for effective Assessment For Learning (AFL) and accelerated progress
- Providing small group work with an experienced teacher focussed on overcoming gaps in and barriers to learning
- 1:1 tuition and intervention support
- Additional social, emotional and development opportunities provided through Learning Mentors and Nurture Groups led by trained Teaching Assistants, or External Agencies
- Additional Extended Hours learning resources and opportunities to enrich children’s experience of school life
- Support for educational visits/visitors and trips to enrich the curriculum opportunities to provide first hand learning experiences for all
- Digital media learning opportunities to engage ALL learners in the core subjects
It is the responsibility of the Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team to produce regular reports for the full Governing Body, Teaching Team and whole school community on: The progress made towards Narrowing the Gap, by year group, for socially disadvantaged pupils
- An outline of the provision that has been made since the last meeting
- An evaluation of the cost effectiveness, in terms of the progress made by the pupils receiving a particular provision, when compared with other forms of support and to other groups of pupils.
The Governors of the school will ensure that there is an annual statement to parents on how the Pupil Premium Grant Funding has been used to address the issue of “narrowing the gap” for vulnerable pupils. This task will be carried out within the requirements published by the Department for Education.
toynton all saints pupil premium strategy statement 2016-2017
Toynton-All-Saints Pupil Premium Statement 2014-2015
Toynton-All-Saints Pupil Premium Statement 2013-2014